Friday, January 13, 2017

I'm Risking my own Happiness


You're driving me absolutely crazy, you know that?

I can't even think of Wesker from Resident Evil the same way anymore.

Your name comes first.

It comes to memory.

Everything about you is so hard to ignore.

You're the reason I'm a clutz at work.
You're the reason I'm happy at work.
You keep the whole job night on a good moral standing.
The whole place would catch on fire without you.

I just wish I could tell you how much it means to me.
How much you mean to me.

You're the entire reason I can't just do what I want.

I'm afraid I'll loose you!
I'm afraid you won't act the same way towards me!

From the moment we met you caught my eye!

It's almost been four years, and I was hoping the crush would fade.

I feel like I've mistaken your kindness as something more, but you lead me on and keep me following you.

I can't control it.
You make me feel so safe.

As soon as you're around I feel I can relax just a little more,
drop my guard a little, smile a little more.

But then it comes back to haunt me!

You know so much about me.

But I barely know you.

And when I go home.

I'm alone again.

And it hurts!!!

But I made a promise.



To myself, to you, and to my job.

That I'd never tell you, and you'll never fully know.

Because that's the only way I can keep my job.

Because that's the only way I won't interfere in your marriage.

Because I don't deserve anyone anymore.

Because I always fall for the wrong people.


So, I'll suffer in silence until the day that I can't hold it in anymore.

And on that day, I'll either quit my job or have already put in my two weeks.

And after that, you won't see me anymore, because I wouldn't be able to hide face anymore.




Because I'd do anything for love, though...
Even if there's just a sliver of hope that's kept alive.

Every time you ask if I miss you.
Every time that you're messing around and say you love me.
Every time we flirt nonchalantly.

I'm going to start trying to distance myself,
because it's going to hurt soon,
and I want to lessen the blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment